Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I know of a place...

"I know of a place where all is beauty and light. A place where ones mind is clear and heart is full. A place where we have need of nothing and yet have everything we could ever want. Where every question that ever plagued our minds in the dark hours of the night has been answered. Where all is just and right. This place is peace and perfection. It is heaven. I want to go home."

Very few times in my life have I passionately exclaimed my desire to "Go home". I'll admit those times were more often then not during material trials when life here on this earth was less then comfortable. I often couldn't help but wonder if I was wrong when so many wanted to flee to a heavenly home while I struggled with the urge to fight. Fight the injustice and the chaos surrounding me. Fight the religious hypocrisies that smear the name of my glorious Christ. Fight the temptation to curl up safe in my own beliefs and shut out the world around me.

The question in my mind was... Am I some how less of a Christian for my lack of heavenly longings? Is there something wrong with me because I don't ache to forsake what is around me for the end of turmoil that heaven affords?

Don't misunderstand me. I can't even fathom the joy I will feel the day I meet my Savior. Seeing face to face the one who held my life so tenderly will fulfill a longing in my soul that I don't even understand. A longing that He placed in me... And there is the explanation.

Just as Christ placed a longing for Him in my soul He also placed a compassion for the broken and wounded. Something that says, how can I long to flee this world when Christ himself chose to embrace the filth, pain, and exhaustion that we live in in order to offer me an escape? How can I literally say "to hell with this world" when I know that there is a peace and justice and morality that anyone could know if they just accept it.

"I know of a place where all is beauty and light. A place where ones mind is clear and heart is full. A place where we have need of nothing and yet have everything we could ever want. Where every question that ever plagued our minds in the dark hours of the night has been answered. Where all is just and right. This place is peace and perfection. It is Christ. I want to go home... And I want to take you with me."

2 comments:

  1. Oh my... I love this. Beautifully expressed, Miko!
    I think one of the worst things would be arriving in heaven without having given my all for Christ here first... He's so worthy. And as He keeps me amazed by His love, I'm finding He's heaven enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm finding He's heaven enough.".... Perfectly stated!

    ReplyDelete