Sunday, May 11, 2014

A Mamma worth celebrating.



I am brought to tears today as I see all of the families celebrating their mothers. Spending the day telling them how much they are appreciated through words and deeds. I wish so much that I could spend this holiday with my Mamma. Some years seem to fly by and in the busyness of life these special days are barely acknowledged. But as I sit here and gaze upon my beautiful children I can't help but to be so thankful that my Mamma was able to be with me as they came into the world. I don't think it matters how old you are a mothers comfort in times of distress never ceases and having her there, adjusting my pressure cuff, fetching pillows, turning off the annoying medication alarms, and scowling at the nurse to make sure she started a good IV is something that I can not put a price on.

I hope that someday I can express to my children half of the love and selflessness that you have shown to me my entire life. Thank you. Thank you for letting be who I am and believe what I believe. For never squelching me and always supporting me. I hope your day is full of love and joy. Happy Mothers Day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment